Saturday, February 5, 2011

Fifth Post of 2011♥

It has been a lot harder to go for my walks everyday when it is -9 degrees outside! However the past few days it has been a little bit warmer, so I have been going for walks for about 30 minutes. I'm so far keeping up with the steamed broccoli for a snack everyday, and I can tell it has been paying off. I had to purchase a dress for a special occasion coming up, and I went from a size 18 dress to a size 12! I couldn't believe it when I tried it on, I was simply stunned. I don't know how many pounds I have lost, considering I haven't had a kaiser appointment, but it was great to see the results of my choices.
A good tip for getting that still needed exercise even when it's as cold as it has been, is to do exercise on the Wii, or whatever game console you or your kids possess. For the past week I have been doing a dance workout along with boxing, and I was having the time of my life. I just couldn't get enough. I also purchased the Shakeweight, and it is REMARKABLE. I only do it for 6 minutes every day, and I'm already seeing somewhat of a result after a week! I'm almost positive it is on sale at Wallgreens or Target for $20.00, and if you have the time, I would no doubt stop by to pick one up. It's more of a workout then it seems, but the results blew me away.
As for getting in a different mind set, if you mind has been in the dump lately, along with mine, I have two suggestions for you. One, go on more walks. When I was feeling down and depressed, I went on one walk, and it didn't do a single thing for me. But then I started going on two walks a day, and even occasionally three, and by the end of my 2nd or 3rd walk, I was feeling brand new. However, it is Colorado, and the weather can sometimes play tricks on us, so my second suggestion is to read the book The Secret by Rhonda Byrne. After hearing so much about it, I decided to pick up a copy at Barnes and Noble (my all-time FAVORITE book store) and as soon as I read the first chapter, my mind set was completely different. All that was popping out of my thought process was positive things. It put me in such a better mood, as well as lifted my spirits. So I would definitely recommend picking one up. I will try to put some quotes from the book at the bottom of every post, just to show you how enlightening it can be. So even though the weather is crappy, Cheer up, and don't forget to set out the celery and peanut butter for the Superbowl!:)


"Your life is a mirror of the dominant thoughts you think"
 "One way to master your mind is to learn to quiet your mind."

4 comments:

  1. I am completely impressed by size 18 to size 12. That is amazingly inspirational!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Just catching up on your 2011 blogs. Hope all is going well. Congrats on the size 18 to 12. You keep going girl and remember to keep this as a lifestyle change not just a weight loss period. I know how that can be as I stalled bad after losing 30 piunds last winter and 10 found their way back around the 2010 holidays. Now I am back on track and losing weight again this time using myfitnesspal to track my calories and exercise.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Will you be posting again? It has been quite some time...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I don't think she is posting anymore:/ please check out my blog lose to win weight loss club

    ReplyDelete